Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Otter Cove

The Old St. Angela Inn
Pacific Grove, CA
September 2 - 3, 2012

Who doesn't love Monterey and Pacific Grove? This is why hubby and I keep coming back here. Of course, the ever-reliable TripAdvisor led me to this adorable Bed and Breakfast.  I immediately fell for its charm just by browsing their website.  And I loved it even more once I got there.


We were appointed the Otter Cove Room which has its own entrance from the garden.


Our French country cottage-inspired bedroom is just darling. It is sprinkled with antique furnishings and the bed fittingly accented with a cute teddy bear. It's quite comfortable, well-kept, and very clean.


My favorite feature of this cozy room is the bay window overlooking the garden.


Somehow I convinced hubby to pose by the window seat for this picture.  He was distracted and couldn't be peeled away from his cell phone. I doubt he even remembers this moment.  Men!


The garden courtyard, though petite, provides areas for quiet time and relaxation: a bistro set by the mini waterfall or the small seating around the fire pit.



There is something so peaceful about this place.  After reading more about its history, I learned that it was originally a country home in 1910 and was later converted into a convent in 1920.

Breakfast here is another pleasurable experience. At The Old St. Angela Inn, a breakfast buffet is served in a solarium that also overlooks the garden and patio. I love being washed in natural morning sunlight and I always enjoy a big breakfast so this is perfect for me.  A gracious lady warmly greeted us and said, "This morning we have egg strata with roasted bell peppers and artichokes." Did I already say that they also served scrumptious apricot muffins? I didn't leave a single crumb on my plate. Mom would have been proud of me.


Another big plus about this place is its prime location.  It is literally a block away from the water.   


In no time, you can take a leisurely stroll along the shoreline to soak up the beauty of Monterey Bay. Or chum around with the "locals."



NOLA 300 - Mardi Gras and New Orleans

This blog has moved to a new site:   curiousdonna.com/blog Read about  NOLA 300   here .