Sunday, October 12, 2008

Posing for Posterity...in the Kitchen


Working on a photo shoot, I had the chance to rub elbows with some celebrity chefs! This was in September 2008.

Tom Colicchio - The famed Top Chef
Location: Craft in Los Angeles, CA


The contemporary looking restaurant was just clearing up after the lunch hour when we arrived. Tom graciously welcomed us. We took a quick site inspection in his immaculately clean kitchen to pick our photo shoot location. After a few discussions, it was on with the show. I think he was more amused with how we tried to elicit fun and smiles for the shot. But our antics worked and we got the shot that we wanted in no time!



Wolfgang Puck - everybody loves this guy!
Location: Spago in Beverly Hills, CA


We arrived at around 2:30 pm and the place was still packed and the kitchen was still buzzing! We had to make do with the little time...and the limited space...we had for the photograph. But wow, what a blast! He's such a ham! He knew exactly what he needed to do in front of the camera. He held out a small pan with pasta, drizzled it with olive oil, sprinkled it with some parmesan cheese, smiled and posed for the shot and then chucked the rest of the parmesan cheese at the photographer -- just for kicks!



Joel Robuchon - Chef of the Century
Location: Joel Robuchon Restaurant at MGM Grand in Las Vegas


This world-renowned and multi-awarded chef is soft spoken yet he quickly livened up in front of the camera. (I'm such a fan that I get thrilled when he gives me the typical European 3x buss on the cheek. I have studied Beginner's French twice yet I was at a loss for French words in his presence.) Everything in his kitchen is like a work of art -- just like his culinary craft.

1 comment:

Noel Vera said...

Ach, I'm green with envy, especially about Joel Robuchon. Maybe the most famous chef I've ever talked to is Gene Gonzalez (wonder if he still remembers me). And that Egyptian cafe owner Anthony Bourdain featured in one episode of his show--he called Alex 'my man'

NOLA 300 - Mardi Gras and New Orleans

This blog has moved to a new site:   curiousdonna.com/blog Read about  NOLA 300   here .